Fees & Resources
The fee for each student is $350, which covers meals and lodging. Transportation to and from the camp is not included in this fee. Payment MUST be received no later than the May 15th application deadline. Students will be notified of acceptance by mid-May. Checks will not be processed until this time.
We hope the camp fee never keeps students from applying! Scholarships are also available through the Texas Chapter of The Wildlife Society (Kevil O’Neal Scholarship and Wes Littrell Scholarship).
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Students should first solicit sponsorship from their local Farm Bureau Organization. If your local Farm Bureau is unable to sponsor you we encourage you to then contact community organizations for sponsorship, here is a list of potential sponsors you can contact. You can locate these sponsors through your family, the internet, yellow or white pages or your local Chamber of Commerce. There are sponsors waiting for you to ask for their support!
Potential Sponsor List:
- Local Farm Bureau Organization – contact first
- Soil and Water Conservation Districts
- Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
- 4-H Clubs
- FFA Clubs
- Rotary Club
- Lions Club
- Kiwanis Club
- Local chapters of state or wildlife conservation organizations (TWS, TWA, Ducks Unlimited, Delta Waterfowl, NWTF, Quail Coalition, Quail Forever, etc.)
- Wildlife/Outdoor businesses
- Agricultural businesses
- Local sportsmen and sportswomen
- Law Firms
Tips we recommend when contacting a potential sponsor:
- First contact them with a written letter or phone call requesting their support.
- Be willing to visit in person with your sponsor to discuss your request.
- If you meet with them in person make sure to send a thank you note—even if they cannot sponsor you.
- If they choose to sponsor you make sure you send a thank you letter and offer to meet with them after the camp to discuss your experience!
If summer plans have changed and you are no longer able to attend camp, we must be notified by June 1st to receive full reimbursement. After this time refunds will no longer be available.